Colors Of Fall – Masterpiece
With the leaves around us changing colors, your child will have so much fun creating this gorgeous autumn tree with a dabs of paint on a q-tip! It's easy for both the child and the parents...take a look:
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Sheet of White Construction paper (any size)
- Acrylic Paint in Fall Colors - Orange, Brown, Yellow, Red, Green
- Egg carton to pour paint colors in - for easy reach
- Small paint brush
- Small paper or plastic cup (to hold the qtips)
- Old Tshirt or Paint Smock
- Plastic Tablecloth or Newspaper to protect painting surface
- Wet wipes to clean table and hands.
Step One: Depending on the age of the child, you may need to help them draw the trunk of the tree with a pencil. Draw two straight lines drawn vertically upward to mid page. Draw a large circle on top of the two lines for the tree top.
Step Two: Pour the paint into the egg cups.
Step Three: Using the small paint brush, using brown paint - paint the trunk.
Step Four: Using q-tips, dip the q-tip into a color (one at at time) - and start creating leaves inside the circle. This is random and can be as full or sparse you like.
Step Five: If there is white space left in the tree top - use the brush or q-tips to create branches with the brown paint.
Step Six: Use q-tips to create leaves that are falling off the tree and even those that land into the ground.
Step Seven: Be sure to have your child sign their masterpiece either with a brush or q-tip or a simple finger print!