Smart Tips For Back To School Success
- Get back into a bed-time routine! A week before the first day of school is a good time frame in which to begin.
- Plan and shop for healthy breakfasts and lunches a week in advance.
- Talk with your child about what to expect during an average school day—from lunches and naps to snacks and bathroom breaks. Preparing your child for a new routine will help him cope with any anxiety he may be experiencing.
- Prepare your child for socializing in the classroom. It’s normal for kids to have some degree of social anxiety. Talk about those fears with your kids.
- Support positive study habits early! Create a homework center—a specific area in the house where your child can do homework each evening.
- Plan ahead for all student immunizations, vision, and hearing tests. Be sure to check on all immunization requirements and tests before your child starts school to help prevent any delays in registration
- Support the love of books by reading to AND with your child every day. Be sure to include outings to the library for fun on the weekends.
- Parent involvement in school is important—at every grade level! Talk to your child’s teacher (or child-care provider) regularly about his educational and social development.
Copyright 2014 Apple Tree Learning Center • Website designed by R2R Marketing