Let’s Celebrate Earth Day!
On April 22nd we celebrate Earth Day! Hooray for this magnificent place that has been created just for us! What most of us don’t realize is that we don’t have to wait for one day a year to celebrate…we can show our respect all year long. One way to really see how amazing our surrounding are – is to look at things that around us and get creative! We can take every day objects like tin cans, baby food jars, egg cartons, and create something fun!
Here are a few ideas for fund projects that can be done with everyone in the family!
- Upcycled Box Bugs that are so beautiful you’ll want to make one yourself, from Mother Baby Earth
- Recycled Garden Collage, from Laugh Paint Create (SEE IMAGE FOR EXAMPLE)
- Upcycle Baby Food Jars into Summer Candle Votives
- Milk Carton Plug Ring — this makes me laugh, from No Time for Flash Cards
- 34 Recyclables to Upcycle for the Kids, from Hands on: As we Grow
- DIY Wind Chimes with Tin Cans, from Hands on: As we Grow
- Make a Trashy Collage for Earth Day, from Teach Preschool
- Quick and Easy Water Bottle Flowers with Markers, from The Chocolate Muffin Tree
- 75 Egg Carton Projects from some of brightest kids’ activity blogerrs around
Now it’s time to go through this list and whip up some awesome Earth Day masterpieces. Have fun!