Five Ways to Incorporate Exercise into Your Family’s Life – Without Them Knowing!
- “Family game night” sounds more appealing than “family exercise night,” and we think your family will agree! On your next family game night, choose an active game that gets each player up and moving. Whether it’s the old classic “Twister”, or a Wii sports game, or just an exciting match of charades, your family will get their daily aerobic activity all while having fun!
- Find new activities that keep you on the move: Your kids will not only enjoy watching you in motion but will most likely not even realize they are getting a work out at the same time. An afternoon game of mini golf, an evening chasing fireflies, or an hour at the indoor trampoline park will add the “fun” factor to exercise and get your family excited to do this more often.
- Visit new places: A visit to a new art gallery, science museum or park is not only great for exercising your brain, but also your body! Your children may not normally be excited about going on a walk, but they will hardly notice the number of steps they are taking as they walk from room to room checking out fun exhibits and demonstrations.
- Get Out Into the Fresh Air: : Now that it’s summer, your kids are probably spending most of their spare time outdoors anyways. Outdoor sports are one of the best ways to get exercise, and your own backyard can serve as a makeshift soccer or baseball field.
- Strategic chore charts: If your children are already used to helping around the house, try planning their chores around activities that are more physically involved, like vacuuming, washing the car or helping in the garden. Household chores may not be a lap around the track, but they are guaranteed to get you moving!
Copyright 2014 Apple Tree Learning Center • Website designed by R2R Marketing